Downtown Veterinary Clinic in Victoria BC is looking for a Practice Manager to join our team.
Position: Practice Manager
Hospital:Downtown Veterinary Clinic
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Job Type: Full Time
Description: Walk to work. Surround yourself with beauty. Live! Downtown Veterinary Clinic in the heart of Victoria B.C. is seeking an experienced Practice Manager to join our team in a full-time capacity.
This is a unique opportunity for an inspirational leader to join a progressive clinic committed to employee empowerment. The Practice Manager will provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team to ensure a high quality of care and service is provided to the pets and the people we care for. This position reports to the Regional Operations Manager (ROM) and Medical Director (MD), and the successful candidate will lead the continuous improvement of the quality of customer service and medical care.
- Collaborates to recruit, mentor and retain a team with an emphasis on accountability, high morale, collegiality, effective teamwork and high moral standards.
- Treats pets with kindness, compassion, patience, and skill, creating an environment that makes them feel safe and secure using Fear Free techniques.
- Ensures smooth communication throughout a client’s visit, supporting healthcare recommendations and educating clients on care or products that would enrich the life of their pet.
- Creates and oversees employee schedules that align with doctor, team, surgery and outpatient needs.
- Prioritizes equipment and facility needs and assists with sourcing and purchasing as needed.
- Supports and engages team with all voluntary and mandatory accreditations/regulations and training.
- Understands and helps manage the financial drivers of the hospital.
- Analyzes critical issues, resolves problems and takes appropriate and decisive actions.
- Ensures the hospital team is able to succeed in their duties by arranging for sufficient resources and providing coaching, development, training, mentorship and education.
- Analyzes and make effective, actionable decisions that impact operations including, but not limited to, asset purchases, new hires, rate changes, and conflict resolution.
- Acts as a positive role model, using a collaborative approach and assuming positive intent. Sets others up for success and fosters open, proactive, and cooperative relationships.
- A minimum of two years of experience providing onsite leadership and oversight of a veterinary health care team;
- Education and training in business administration preferred.
Benefits: We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary;
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid);
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, etc.);
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Paid Vacation time;
- Paid Sick & Personal Days;
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace. If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know!
To apply for this position, please complete the form below and attach your resume. We'll be in touch!