Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital is looking for a Medical Receptionist to join our team.
Position: Medical Receptionist
Hospital: Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital
Location: Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Job Type: Full Time
Do you have a love of all things pet related, enjoy helping people and thrive in a client-facing role? Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital in Prince Rupert is now welcoming applications for a full-time Medical Receptionist.
The Receptionist is responsible for ensuring the quality of care and service provided to the pets and people we care for is impeccable. Through helping to foster a client friendly service model, participating in a supportive work environment, and by communicating openly with the medical team the Medical Receptionist supports the growth and vision of the practice.
The Receptionist is essentially the face and voice of the practice. They advocate for the client while adhering to the specific standards and SOPs of the hospital. This role operates under the direct guidance and supervision of the Practice Manager.
Our ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication skills, who is detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment while connecting with our team and clients through their love of pets.
We believe in work-life balance, laughter and fun while doing the dedicated work that we do. The role would be full time integrated into a 5-day schedule that includes a rotation of Saturdays.
- Welcomes and supports clients and patients, adapting responses to reflect the situation.
- Efficiently and accurately performs clerical duties, schedules appointments, answers questions, and maintains front office and exam room flow.
- Correctly enters client and patient information into PIMS and confirms it’s up-to-date at every visit.
- Identifies questionable or missed fees, and ensures that owners meet all financial obligations. Accurately performs daily invoicing, cash management and reconciliation.
- Sends client communications such as welcome letters, sympathy cards, and newsletters in accordance with clinic protocols & approved timelines.
- Ensures smooth communication throughout a client’s visit. Acts as the liaison between clients and medical team and relays all necessary information timely and correctly. Identifies and addresses any issues.
- Tracks new clients/patients, frequency of visits, and meets predetermined goals for appointment and surgery fill rates.
- Routinely contributes to the cleanliness and organization of the practice, to ensure all guests leave with a lasting positive impression of the hospital.
- Is able to diffuse client conflict in a professional, hospitable and tactful manner. Escalates/refers when appropriate to Team Leader or Practice Manager.
- Greets, handles, and treats pets with kindness, compassion, patience, and skill using Fear Free techniques. Nurtures an environment that makes them feel safe and secure.
- Follows fee schedules and medical record SOPs to ensure all treatments, drugs, and procedures are recorded and charged appropriately.
- Assists in monitoring inventory of office supplies, prescription food and retail times that adheres to guidelines. Makes efficient use of drugs and supplies.
- Experience as a Medical Receptionist or in Office Administration preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- A Competitive Wage rate
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Check out our video at https://vimeo.com/311681648/600df41f7a to learn more.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below and attach your resume. We'll be in touch!