Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital is looking for an Assistant Practice Manager to join our team.
Position: Assistant Practice Manager
Hospital: Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital
Location: Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Practice Management
Education: Education & Training in Business Administration and/or Management Preferred
Position Overview: Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital in beautiful Prince Rupert is seeking an Assistant Practice Manager to join our amazing team. This is a unique opportunity for an inspirational leader to join a progressive clinic committed to employee empowerment. The Assistant Practice Manager will provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team to ensure a high quality of care and service is provided to the pets and the people we care for.
- Ensures smooth communication throughout a client’s visit, supporting healthcare recommendations and educating clients on care or products that would enrich the life of their pet.
- Creates and oversees employee schedules that align with doctor, team, surgery and outpatient needs.
- Acts as a positive role model, using a collaborative approach and assuming positive intent. Sets others up for success and fosters open, proactive, and cooperative relationships.
- Ensures the hospital team is able to succeed in their duties by arranging for sufficient resources and providing coaching, development, training, mentorship and education.
- Analyzes and make effective, actionable decisions that impact operations including, but not limited to, asset purchases, new hires, rate changes, and conflict resolution.
- Prioritizes equipment and facility needs and assists with sourcing and purchasing as needed.
- Treats pets with kindness, compassion, patience, and skill, creating an environment that makes them feel safe and secure using Fear Free techniques.
- Supports and engages team with all voluntary and mandatory accreditations/regulations and training.
- Understands and helps manage the financial drivers of the hospital.
- Analyzes critical issues, resolves problems and takes appropriate and decisive actions.
- A minimum of two years of experience providing onsite leadership and oversight of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Education and training in business administration preferred.
We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Check out our video at https://vimeo.com/311681648/600df41f7a to learn more.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below and attach your resume. We'll be in touch!