Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital is looking for a Practice Manager to join our team.
Position: Practice Manager
Hospital: Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital
Location: Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Practice Management
Education: Education & Training in Business Administration and/or Management Preferred
Position Overview: Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital in Prince Rupert, B.C. is seeking an enthusiastic full time Practice Manager to join our team. The Practice Manager will provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team to ensure that high quality care is provided to our patients and their people. If you possess previous managerial experience, inspire others, and are searching for an opportunity to advance your career and lead – search no further!
- Maximize overall business performance of the hospital.
- Lead the achievement of continuous improvement of the quality of customer service and medical care.
- Meet expectations and timelines determined by Regional Operations Manager (ROM) in relation to hospital initiatives. Hold the team accountable on job responsibilities and deliverables.
- Review feedback with ROM from data management and reporting platforms. Implement actionable strategies to elevate patient care and capture revenue in areas such as bonding rates, reminders and forward booking.
- Ensure that fee schedules are current, revenue category budgets are achieved, and shorts are investigated. Monitor fee capture and discounting to ensure reasonable and appropriate value.
- Follow and adhere to the monthly schedule authorization and predict staffing needs. Verify that the financial health of the clinic supports planned new hires.
- Focus on the well-being and comfort of the patient while following best medicine and patient experience principles.
- Ensure smooth communication throughout a client’s visit. Work alongside Medical Director (MD) and Team Leaders to resolve client concerns.
- Oversee that all client communication such as welcome letters, sympathy cards, and newsletters are sent in accordance with clinic protocols & approved timelines.
- Implement team scripting, in-clinic marketing, and social media content to help capture new clients, bond current clients, increase referrals, and generate community goodwill.
- Meet client needs for timely veterinary care. Tracks new clients/patients, frequency of visits, and achieves predetermined goals for appointment and surgery fill rates.
- Ensure team has sufficient and appropriate resources to deliver exceptional patient care.
- Understand and help manage the financial drivers of the hospital.
- Ensure Cost of Sales as a percent of revenue is in line with budget. Maintain reasonable levels of inventory and put plans of action in place to eliminate bulk ordering and expired goods.
- Work with ROM and MD to review a specific operating budget and hospital business plan.
- Work with ROM and MD to prioritize equipment and facility needs. Assist with sourcing and purchasing as needed.
- Act as a positive role model, using a collaborative approach and assuming positive intent. Set others up for success and foster open, proactive, and cooperative relationships.
- Collaborate with ROM and MD to recruit, mentor and retain a team with an emphasis on accountability, high morale, collegiality, effective teamwork and high moral standards.
- Monitor and discuss the Key Performance Indicators for hospital and team member performance with ROM and MD and implement an action plan where necessary.
- Work with Home Office to ensure that all voluntary and mandatory controls, standards, requirements, rules & regulations are followed & any training needed is conducted (Employment Standards, CVBC, AAHA, WHMIS, OHS, Xray etc)
- A minimum of two years of experience providing onsite leadership experience preferred;
- Education and training in business administration preferred.
Benefits: We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Bonus Potential
- Wellness Allowance
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Uniform Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates!
Contact Information: Check out our video at https://vimeo.com/497486701 and then text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About P3: P3 Veterinary Partners is a dynamic and innovative Canadian veterinary practice group. Through its group of hospitals, P3 strives to be the best place to work in veterinary health care. Our approach is built on a simple foundation of 3 P's: Pets, People and Practice. By remaining focused on these core elements, we work diligently to maintain the strong reputations and individual brands of our hospitals - encouraging them to be the best versions of themselves.
About Prince Rupert: Prince Rupert is a rural city centre populated by people with a sense of adventure and a love for the Great Canadian Outdoors. We are a northern port city, but it isn’t cold here. Our coastal climate is celebrated by outdoor enthusiasts that enjoy world-class hiking, kayaking, and mountain biking - even in the winter months! Prince Rupert is a hub for the region’s natural and cultural heritage, and a gateway to spectacular wilderness areas, such as the Khutzeymateen Grizzly Sanctuary bear habitat. It is a close-knit community and a sanctuary for nature lovers fighting back against traffic, pollution, and escalating property prices in beautiful British Columbia. Being in a remote location, our Veterinary Professionals enjoy the challenges of interesting cases and we are constantly learning and growing together. We are dedicated to practicing fear free, high-quality medicine, and we look forward to nurturing the establishment of our next team member.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below and attach your resume. We'll be in touch!