Eagle Ridge Veterinary Hospital in Sechelt BC is looking for a Practice Manager to join our team.
Position: Practice Manager
Hospital: Eagle Ridge Veterinary Hospital
Location: Sechelt, British Columbia
Job Type: Full Time
Description: Eagle Ridge Veterinary Hospital on the Sunshine Coast is seeking an enthusiastic full time Practice Manager to join our team. This is a unique opportunity for an inspirational leader to join a progressive clinic committed to supporting, motivating, and empowering its team members. We are a fully-equipped AAHA-accredited hospital that takes pride in delivering a superior experience for both clients and pets. If you inspire others, and are searching for an opportunity to lead – search no further! A commitment to practicing Fear Free medicine is a must because we are deeply passionate about patient care.
The Practice Manager will provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team to ensure that high quality care is provided to our patients and their people.
The Sunshine Coast's belt of paradise on the Pacific Ocean offers those with a love for the great outdoors the chance to live the West Coast lifestyle, while simultaneously enjoying quick access to mainland British Columbia. Spend time hiking with family and friends, mountain biking, diving, kayaking, or traversing the world class provincial park sites. A truly Canadian experience, without the heavy snow!
- Ensures smooth communication throughout a client’s visit.
- Creates and oversees employee schedules that align with doctor, team, surgery and outpatient needs.
- Prioritizes equipment and facility needs and assists with sourcing and purchasing as needed.
- Supports and engages team with all voluntary and mandatory accreditations/regulations and training.
- Understands and helps manage the financial drivers of the hospital.
- Analyzes critical issues, resolves problems and takes appropriate and decisive actions.
- Ensures the hospital team is able to succeed in their duties by arranging for sufficient resources and providing coaching, development, training, mentorship and education.
- Collaborates to recruit, mentor and retain a team with an emphasis on accountability, high morale, collegiality, effective teamwork and high moral standards.
- Treats pets with kindness, compassion, patience, and skill, creating an environment that makes them feel safe and secure using Fear Free techniques.
- Analyzes and make effective, actionable decisions that impact operations including, but not limited to, asset purchases, new hires, rate changes, and conflict resolution.
- Acts as a positive role model, using a collaborative approach and assuming positive intent. Sets others up for success and fosters open, proactive, and cooperative relationships.
- A minimum of two years of experience providing onsite leadership and oversight of a veterinary or medical health care team is preferred;
- Education and training in business administration preferred.
Benefits: We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Bonus Potential
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Uniform Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates!
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at https://sunshinecoastvet.com to learn more.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below and attach your resume. We'll be in touch!