Whites Road Animal Hospital is looking for a Practice Manager to lead our team
Position: Practice Manager
Hospital: Whites Road Animal Hospital
Location: Pickering, Ontario
Job Type: Full Time
Description: Whites Road Animal Hospital, a well-established Small Animal practice, is seeking a progressive and innovative Practice Manager (PM). Our team is driven to provide the level of service and care we would expect for our own pets. We empower pets to live the best life possible, and take pride in our ability to foster healthy long-term relationships with the community. The PM will provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team to ensure that high quality care is provided to our patients. If you inspire others and are searching for an opportunity to advance your career and lead – search no further!
Our ideal candidate values a positive and fun-loving atmosphere with laughter. If you are an intuitive team player with strong emotional intelligence, we want to hear from you. Our collaborative and supportive culture is the cornerstone of our practice. Pets. People. Positivity! If you have a desire to work with a team that is committed to creating a better veterinary experience for pets, their pet parents, and the professionals that provide this care - please get in touch.
- Provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team in order to maximize overall business performance of the hospital.
- Lead the achievement of continuous improvement of the quality of customer service and medical care.
- Ensure smooth communication throughout a client’s visit. Works alongside Medical Director and Team Leaders to resolve client concerns.
- Oversee that all client communication such as welcome letters, sympathy cards, and newsletters are sent in accordance with clinic protocols & approved timelines.
- Implement team scripting, in-clinic marketing, and social media content to help capture new clients, bond current clients, increase referrals, and generate community goodwill.
- Meet client needs for timely veterinary care. Tracks new clients/patients, frequency of visits, and achieves predetermined goals for appointment and surgery fill rates.
- Ensure team has sufficient and appropriate resources to deliver exceptional patient care.
- Understand and help manage the financial drivers of the hospital.
- Ensure Cost of Sales as a percent of revenue is in line with budget. Maintain reasonable levels of inventory and put plans of action in place to eliminate bulk ordering and expired goods.
- Work with Regional Manager and Medical Director to review a specific operating budget and hospital business plan.
- Work with Regional Manager and Medical Director to prioritize equipment and facility needs. Assist with sourcing and purchasing as needed.
- Follow and adhere to the monthly schedule authorization and predict staffing needs. Verify that the financial health of the clinic supports planned new hires.
- Act as a positive role model, using a collaborative approach and assuming positive intent. Set others up for success and foster open, proactive, and cooperative relationships.
- Collaborate with Regional Manager and Medical Director to recruit, mentor and retain a team with an emphasis on accountability, high morale, collegiality, effective teamwork and high moral standards.
- Monitor and discuss the Key Performance Indicators for hospital and team member performance with Regional Manager and Medical Director and implement an action plan where necessary.
- Meet expectations and timelines determined by Regional Manager in relation to hospital initiatives. Hold the team accountable on job responsibilities and deliverables.
- Review feedback with Regional Manager from data management and reporting platforms. Implement actionable strategies to elevate patient care and capture revenue in areas such as bonding rates, reminders and forward booking.
- Ensure that fee schedules are current, revenue category budgets are achieved, and shorts are investigated. Monitor fee capture and discounting to ensure reasonable and appropriate value.
- Work with Home Office to ensure that all voluntary and mandatory controls, standards, requirements, rules & regulations are followed & any training needed is conducted (Employment Standards, CVBC, AAHA, WHMIS, OHS, Xray etc).
- A minimum of two years of experience providing onsite leadership and oversight of a veterinary or medical health care team is preferred;
- Education and training in business administration preferred.
Benefits: We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Bonus Potential
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Uniform Allowance
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at www.whitesroadvet.com to learn more. Submit your Cover Letter & Resume to Matt at email@example.com today!
To apply for this position, please complete the form below and attach your resume. We'll be in touch!