Millbrook Valley Animal Hospital is looking for a friendly RVT to join our team
Hospital: Millbrook Valley Animal Hospital
Location: Millbrook, Ontario
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
Description: Amazing RVT opportunity 20 minutes from Peterborough! Are you looking to join a friendly, inclusive, and progressive team that will welcome you with open arms? Looking for a supportive, engaging, and collaborative environment where RVTs are utilized fully? Well look no further!
Millbrook Valley Animal Hospital, located 20 minutes southwest of Peterborough, is growing, and has a rare opportunity for a RVT to join a fun and friendly team in a part-time or full-time capacity. We love our patients, and take great pride in delivering a superior experience for both clients and pets. Our ideal candidate is searching for a supportive and progressive environment to call their forever home. If you're passionate about veterinary medicine and want to make a real difference in a close-knit community where everybody will know your name, we want to hear from you! Don't miss this chance to secure the work-life balance you've been searching for and simultaneously practice gold-standard medicine at a fully-equipped hospital that understands the value of preventative care and client education. There is No On Call. New grads welcome! Our experienced owner is excited by the prospect of providing mentorship.
The cornerstone of our clinic is our cohesive and positive culture. Attracting the best veterinary talent demands an unparalleled level of respect and commitment to supporting, motivating, and empowering our team members. This is an environment where you will feel supported each and every day. We want our team members to enjoy a collaborative and empowering culture. If you're searching for a welcoming environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
We value our RVT team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Wage Rate
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist, & more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Signing Bonus to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town applicants.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at www.millbrookvalleyanimalhospital.com
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please complete the form below and attach your resume. We'll be in touch!